Not needed for content featured below
The Broken Arrow Community Playhouse is currently accepting scripts and director applications for our June short play production.
Deadline for submission and applications are Friday, April 30, by 11:59 p.m. Please see the guidelines and submission information for more details.
•Plays should be written specifically to be performed outdoors with actors maintaining
social distance from each other. The social distancing does not have to be because of
COVID-19 in your play. Think outside the box!
• Scripts should be dramatically active in the present tense and contain minimal
• No more than five characters in a script.
• Sets must be minimal (Chairs and tables are the only items BACP will provide). These
plays will be performed outdoors, so no lighting cues are needed. Please keep sound
cues to a minimum.
• You are encouraged to write characters of all gender identities, ethnicities, race, etc.
• Scripts must be 8-10 pages, not to exceed 15 minutes, and formatted in The
Dramatist Guild style.
• Scripts must be original and previously unproduced.
• Please submit scripts that are family-friendly. Does this mean children’s theatre? No.
Ask yourself this: Would you be comfortable watching this play with your kids or your
grandparents? If the answer is yes, then submit away! Think of a PG-13 movie rating;
there’s some adult content, but nothing that would make grandma blush, maybe just
giggle a little.
• Submissions are open to playwrights over the age of 18 who currently reside in
Oklahoma, and may be of any race, color, ethnicity, or background.
• You may submit a maximum of two different scripts; only one script per playwright is
eligible for production.
Please send your scripts to in the form of two attachments.
One attachment is the script with a list of character and description page included. The
title of the play and page numbers must appear on every page. The playwright’s name
must NOT appear on any page.
The second attachment is a cover sheet which includes the following information:
Primary mailing address
Director Application Information
BACP is seeking directors for Playing in the Park. If interested, please submit your application. Auditions are held via Zoom on Saturday, May 15, with callbacks on Sunday, May 16. Directors will set rehearsal times and locations (in person or Zoom) with their casts until tech week, which is June 6-12. Performance dates and times are June 12 at 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM, June 13 at 2:00 PM. These are outdoor performances to accommodate social distancing.
Link to apply: